The call for community budget ideas for the second quarter of 2024 is open. Submit your idea before 23 February 2024. Decisions will be announced at the end of March.
About the TYPO3 Idea Budget in 2024
The TYPO3 Association has changed the idea budget from a single annual budget to four quarterly budgets. The goal is to have a faster process in proposing, voting over, and finishing the ideas.
With a quarterly budget we are able to adjust to changing demands faster and give community members an opportunity to submit ideas four times a year, rather than once. The idea budget comes on top of the team budgets and the other budgets of the TYPO3 Association. Teams can still apply for a yearly budget for 2024. Find out more about the Funding and Finances of the TYPO3 Association.
We want to make it easier to apply for the budget and we also want to remove any hourly rate from the budget calculation. We have defined fixed amounts for which you can apply:
If a budget idea is granted, the recipient must finish the project within the second quarter of 2024. The Business Control Committee (BCC) will review the outcome of the idea and if the goal of the idea is reached, the budget will be paid out to the recipient.
The BCC will assign one mentor to each budget recipient to help on topics like budgeting, project planning, communication, and connections inside the TYPO3 Community. Our goal is to support you to finish your idea with the best possible outcome for the TYPO3 Community.
Basic Rules For Ideas
- The results of the idea must be publicly available.
- The results of the idea should foster and benefit the TYPO3 community and/or TYPO3 project.
- The idea should not directly generate funds for the applicant nor enable the applicant to generate earnings from it.
- Per applicant, only one budget per quarter will be granted (in addition to the budget ideas from Q1)
The BCC will review the applications. If the idea requires collaboration with a team or another community member, we will get in contact with all parties and discuss how it can be achieved in the best possible way. The same applies to similar ideas.
The Process for the Second Quarter of 2024
We kick off the process for the idea submissions for 2024 with the call for community budget ideas. We ask the community to submit their ideas they wish to work on within the next 14 days. The BCC will check and publish the ideas. The TYPO3 members can vote for the ideas. The top four ideas will be granted for implementation within the second quarter of 2024.
We have a total of €40,000 available for the ideas. Unused funding will be used in the following quarters. You can apply for funding in each quarter. Individuals and teams can also apply.
Tip: If you have a big project and you’re not sure if you can finish it within one quarter — split the project into multiple idea applications.
- 1 February 2024 — Announcement — Call for budget ideas Q2
- 23 February 2024 — Deadline for submission of budget ideas
- 3 March 2024 — Ideas will be published and voting process starts
- 17 March 2024 — Voting process ends
- 20 March 2024 — Budgets granted
- 1 April 2024 — Work on idea projects start
- 30 June 2024 — Work on idea projects end
- 11 May 2024 — Announcement — Call for budget ideas Q3
- 21 May 2024 — Deadline for submission of budget ideas
- 3 June 2024 — Ideas will be published and voting process starts
- 17 June 2024 — Voting process ends
- 20 June 2024 — Budgets granted
- 1 July 2024 — Work on idea projects start
- 30 September 2024 — Work on idea projects end
- 1 August 2024 — Announcement — Call for budget ideas Q4
- 21 August 2024 — Deadline for submission of budget ideas
- 3 September 2024 — Ideas will be published and voting process starts
- 17 September 2024 — Voting process ends
- 20 September 2024 — Budgets granted
- 1 October 2024 — Work on idea projects start
- 31 December 2024 — Work on idea projects end
Submit Your Budget Idea
Use the Idea Submission — T3A Budget 2024 — Q2 form to submit your idea. We will read your submission carefully and come back with questions and suggestions on how to proceed to get your idea up and running in 2024 Q2.
Submissions are open until 23 February 2024.
The member poll on the ideas will be held in March, and decisions announced at the end of March 2024.
Chat With Us
If you have any questions in the meantime, feel free to leave a comment or use the Slack channel #t3a-budget-committee.