---- See German version below. ----
The Academic Committee’s tasks include:
- Representing universities’ interests in the TYPO3 Association
- Providing a central point of contact for the TYPO3 Association
- Supporting the TYPO3 Association, e.g. with technical resources
- Introducing a TYPO3 Academic Membership
- Holding regular university meetings
- Establishing the TYPO3 University Community Package (T3UP)
- Strengthening cooperation among universities for new features / extensions and their further development
- Cooperating with the TYPO3 Association and TYPO3 Core Team in further development of TYPO3
- Assisting the working groups
Currently, the Committee is focused on German-language regions. The working language is German. Reports are regularly published in English.
The Academic Committee members are:
- Up to 10 elected, voting members from universities (max. 1 per university). Another person from the same university may stand in for each member.
- Every university may be an advising member.
- 1 member of the TYPO3 Association Board as a liaison
Half of the voting members and 2 substitute members are elected at the annual TYPO3 University Day. Universities with TYPO3 membership are eligible to vote. The term of office is 2 years. The TYPO3 Association member is appointed by the Board.
Selection and Tasks of Officers
From among the voting members, the Committee elects one chairperson, a first deputy chairperson, and a second deputy chairperson. The term of office for each is 2 years. The tasks of the chairpersons include:
- Calling for committee meetings, directing meetings, taking minutes
- Managing the mailing list
The Committee may establish working groups for specific topics. In each working group, at least one member of the Committee should be represented. The working groups may also include members other than universities (e.g. agencies).