The official TYPO3 events are great and the community-organized TYPO3 camps are an amazing way to get to know the community. Still, we often forget to mention it when people from TYPO3 also participate in events outside of our own bubble.
Meet TYPO3 At …
By advertising these events through TYPO3's websites and social media, we encourage people to attend, giving them the opportunity to approach the TYPO3 representatives. This engagement will create positive synergies for the TYPO3 project and the worldwide open source community.
Collaborating, Learning, and Being Open Source
TYPO3 should be an active participant in the open source community and a promoter of open source ideals.
Participating in and contributing to external events is an opportunity for:
- Interaction and collaboration with other open-source communities.
- Mutual learning and insights across technological, cultural, and national borders.
- Outreach and increased visibility for TYPO3 and open source in new and existing markets.
Participating in an event can be fun and engaging, but many TYPO3 users live in areas where there are no official TYPO3 events or camps. Highlighting other opportunities to meet TYPO3 representatives can therefore create engagement and increase contribution, also within our own community.
Who Can Represent TYPO3 at External Events?
The people who can represent TYPO3 at external events are the same that can already be listed in the You Can Meet section in some events at typo3.org. These are:
- TYPO3 Association Board members
- TYPO3 Association Business Control Committee (BCC) members.
- TYPO3 Company Employees (designated by the CEO)
- TYPO3 Company Supervisory Board members
- TYPO3 Team Leads and Co-Leads
- TYPO3 Core Mergers
If you attend an event in an official capacity as a part of this program, you have to write a brief report for typo3.org.
You can read more about the requirements in the Content and Marketing documentation.
More Than Just Being There
Of course, nice conversations and exchanges are good, but the best is if TYPO3 can bring something more to the events where we attend.
At the moment, three slide decks are in development:
- TYPO3 CMS: About TYPO3, features, cases, etc.
- Open Source CMS: About the benefits of using an open source CMS such as TYPO3.
- Open Source: About the benefits of open source with TYPO3 as an example.