- Release Date: July 07, 2020
- Component Type: Third party extension. This extension is not a part of the TYPO3 default installation.
- Component: Faceted Search (ke_search)
- Vulnerability Type: Cross-Site Scripting
- Affected Versions: 3.1.3 - 3.0.0 and 2.8.2 and below
- Severity: Medium
- Suggested CVSS v3.1: AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:R/S:C/C:L/I:L/A:N/E:F/RL:O/RC:C
- References: CVE-2020-15517
The extension fails to properly encode user input for output in HTML context. The issue is only exploitable by backend users with access to indexer- and filter-configurations.
Updated versions 3.1.4 and 2.8.3 are available from the TYPO3 extension manager, Packagist and at
Users of the extension are advised to update the extension as soon as possible.
Thanks to security team member Torben Hansen for discovering and reporting the vulnerability and to Christian Bülter for providing an updated version of the extension.