Core Development Team
To Jointly Innovate Excellent Free Software Enabling People to Communicate.
TYPO3 Core Development Team Mission Statement
The TYPO3 Core Development Team is dedicated to develop and maintain the central parts of our favorite CMS. Check further down our mission statement.
These pages contain information about the current and future development as well as helpful resources and guidelines.
"To Jointly Innovate Excellent Free Software Enabling People to Communicate."
The TYPO3 Core Development Team endeavors to make TYPO3 the best of its breed. To achieve this mission it pursues the following goals:
- maintain and enhance the TYPO3 core
- ensure TYPO3 source code quality
- be a pillar of the community
This translates into the following tasks:
- package and publish new releases according to the release and maintenance policies
- review patches both before and after commits
- care for the central development infrastructure (version control system, bug tracker)
- participate in the mailing lists and in community events, in particular the TYPO3 Developer Days (T3DD)
- ensure its own continuity by educating and inspiring community members to participate in the development and maintenance of the core
- Not all members take up all the tasks, but the whole team is responsible for that.
- Members must keep an open mindset to new ideas from both inside and outside of the team.
Whether you have questions or comments about the development of TYPO3, want to contribute or join the team, just get in touch with us.
Instant communication platform (Slack)
The TYPO3 CMS team is using a tool called Slack kindly provided by Slack.com to openly communicate with each other and with the public. "Slack" replaces our old "Skype meetings" in a more open, inviting and modern environment. The Slack tool is also used by plenty of other teams around the TYPO3 ecosphere so it is easier to interconnect teams.
Head over here to sign up (it's free, thanks to the awesome folks over at Slack HQ).
Then join http://typo3.slack.com/ and our channel #typo3-cms.
Please understand that technical support requests will be ignored. You are kindly asked to use Slack instead.