- Release Date: March 10, 2020
- Component Type: Third party extension. This extension is not a part of the TYPO3 default installation.
- Vulnerability Type: Remote Code Execution
- Affected Versions: 6.5.14 and below
- Severity: Critical
- Suggested CVSS v3.1: AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H
- CVE: not assigned yet
A PHP script located in “src/Util/PHP/eval-stdin.php” can be used to execute arbitrary PHP code in context of the webserver. The vulnerability is only exploitable if the vendor/ directory is publicly accessible.
An updated version 6.5.15 is available from the TYPO3 extension manager and at
Users of the extension are advised to update the extension as soon as possible.
Note: In general the TYPO3 Security Team recommends to not use development dependencies on production websites.
Thanks to Sebastian Bergman for reporting the vulnerability and to Oliver Klee for providing a TYPO3 extension package with an updated PHPUnit version.
Follow the recommendations that are given in the TYPO3 Security Guide. Please subscribe to the typo3-announce mailing list.