- Component Type: TYPO3 CMS
- Vulnerable subcomponent: Page Tree (ext:backend)
- Release Date: May 7, 2019
- Vulnerability Type: Information Disclosure
- Affected Versions: 9.0.0-9.5.5
- Severity: Medium
- Suggested CVSS v3.0: AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:L/I:N/A:N/E:F/RL:O/RC:C
- CVE: not assigned yet
It has been discovered backend users not having read access to specific pages still could see them in the page tree which actually should be disallowed. A valid backend user account is needed in order to exploit this vulnerability.
Update to TYPO3 version 9.5.6 that fixes the problem described.
Thanks to various contributors who reported this issue.
Follow the recommendations that are given in the TYPO3 Security Guide. Please subscribe to the typo3-announce mailing list.
All security related code changes are tagged so that you can easily look them up in our review system.