- Component Type: TYPO3 CMS
- Vulnerable subcomponent: Language Pack Handling (ext:install)
- Release Date: January 22, 2019
- Vulnerability Type: Cross-Site Scripting
- Affected Versions: 9.2.0-9.5.3
- Severity: Medium
- Suggested CVSS v3.0: AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:C/C:L/I:L/A:N/E:F/RL:O/RC:C
- CVE: not assigned yet
Failing to properly encode information from external sources, language pack handling in the install tool is vulnerable to cross-site scripting.
Update to TYPO3 version 9.5.4 that fixes the problem described.
Thanks to TYPO3 core team member Georg Ringer who reported this issue and to TYPO3 core team member Frank Nägler who fixed the issue.
All security related code changes are tagged so that you can easily look them up in our review system.