The Supervisory Board met next to the Developer Days at the 21st of June in Düsseldorf. We can look back to the first full year of operations of our company. Overall the start was very successful. Instead of creating a (planned) loss, we were able to create a small profit.
A team around Mathias Schreiber is set up and runs stable. The company was mainly focussed on setting up processes, finding the right employees and partners and, of course, creating new offerings.
Supervisory Board Changes
Alain Veuve steps back from his position in the supervisory Board. He wants to be more active in operative work of TYPO3 GmbH and this would lead to conflict of interests. The Board of TYPO3 Association decided to call Ric van Westhreenen into the Supervisory Board. We like to thank Alain for his work on the Board.
New proceedings for the Supervisory Board were introduced by the Board of the TYPO3 Association. Clear rules define now how often the supervisory Board meets, and when and to whom to report.
Report of activities in TYPO3 GmbH
We can report many activities in our company:
Community & Events
- Closed reevaluation of Academic Committee collaboration
- Live-stream of first T3C Dresden (26-27 January 2018)
- Live-Stream of T3C Venlo (9-10 March 2018)
- Attended Google CMS Summit and represented TYPO3 (15.03.18)
- Attended Erasmus+ Meetings
- Attended the TYPO3 Communication Coordination Committee (T3C3) meetings
- Supported T3DD18
- Improved CRM facade
- Improved case studies on typo3.com
- Set up own DNS infrastructure
- Education Package started
- Completed Project Reviews
- Created a new product: In-House Certification
- Started collaboration with DRUD
- Created 50+ Blogposts
- Created 30+ videos
- Held code sprint Frankfurt
- Held code sprint in Padua
- Hosted education sprint
- Hosted trainer network sprint
We have preliminarily closed 2017 with a small revenue and will be profitable at a low level. The closing of books is expected to be finished soon.
In our business plan we targeted EUR 767k for the 2nd 12 months of operations of the TYPO3 GmbH. In this period from 1 January to 31 May 2018, TYPO3 GmbH generated revenues of at least EUR 968k. Financial results for the same period show a loss of EUR 39 k. On the spending side, the TYPO3 GmbH was able to fund as much work and initiatives as ever before, resulting in a lot lower spending by the TYPO3 Association.
Given this, the TYPO3 GmbH is on track financially. However, the 3rd year of operations comes with the challenge of reaching revenue of EUR 2.2 M.
In the next months the TYPO3 GmbH will focus on organizing some of the official events.
- Organizing “TYPO3 University Day 2018”
- Organizing “TYPO3 Developer Days 2019”
- Organizing T3CON18
- Organizing “TYPO3 Award 2018”
- Google AdWords extension
- Increase partners
- Increase sales
- Move mailservers
The next report should be expected towards the end of October, 2018.