- Release Date: April 27, 2021
- Component Type: Third party extension. This extension is not a part of the TYPO3 default installation.
- Component: "Bootstrap Package" (bootstrap_package)
- Vulnerability Type: Cross-Site Scripting
- Affected Versions: 11.0.0 - 11.0.2, 10.0.0 - 10.0.9, 9.0.0-9.0.3, 9.1.0-9.1.2, 8.0.0 - 8.0.7, 7.1.1 and below
- Severity: Medium
- Suggested CVSS: CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:R/S:C/C:L/I:L/A:N/E:F/RL:O/RC:C
- References: CVE-2021-21365
The extension fails to properly encode user input for output in HTML context. The following templates are affected by the vulnerability:
Users of the extension, who have overwritten the affected templates must manually apply required changes as shown below:
Updated versions 7.1.2, 8.0.8, 9.0.4, 9.1.3, 10.0.10, 11.0.3 are available from the TYPO3 extension manager, Packagist and at
Users of the extension are advised to update the extension as soon as possible.
Thanks to TYPO3 Security Team Member Oliver Hader who reported and fixed the issue.