- Release Date: May 07, 2019
- Component Type: Third party extension. This extension is not a part of the TYPO3 default installation.
- Vulnerability Type: Arbitrary File Upload
- Affected Versions: 4.2.1 and below
- Severity: High
- Suggested CVSS v3.0: AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:C/C:L/I:L/A:L
- CVE: not assigned yet
The extension contains the 3rd party component “Uploadify”, which includes a demo script for uploading files with the file extensions “jpg”, “jpeg”, “gif” and “png” to the server. Also, a demo script is present, which allows to check for the existence of a given filename.
An updated version 4.2.2 is available from the TYPO3 Extension Manager and at https://extensions.typo3.org/extension/download/yag/4.2.2/zip/
Users of the extension are advised to update the extension as soon as possible.
Additionally extension users are advised to check the folder /uploads for images/files, that may have been uploaded through the “Uploadify” demo script.
Credits go to Denis Werner who discovered and reported the vulnerability.
Follow the recommendations that are given in the TYPO3 Security Guide. Please subscribe to the typo3-announce mailing list.