- Component Type: TYPO3 CMS
- Subcomponent: Link Handling (ext:frontend)
- Release Date: May 12, 2020
- Vulnerability Type: Information Disclosure
- Affected Versions: 9.5.12-9.5.16, 10.2.0-10.4.1
- Severity: Medium
- Suggested CVSS: CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:R/S:C/C:L/I:L/A:N/E:F/RL:O/RC:C
- References: CVE-2020-11065, CWE-79
It has been discovered that link tags generated by typolink functionality are vulnerable to cross-site scripting - properties being assigned as HTML attributes have not been parsed correctly.
Update to TYPO3 versions 9.5.17 or 10.4.2 that fix the problem described.
Thanks to Josef Glatz who reported this issue and to TYPO3 security team member Oliver Hader who fixed the issue.
Follow the recommendations that are given in the TYPO3 Security Guide. Please subscribe to the typo3-announce mailing list.
All security related code changes are tagged so that you can easily look them up in our review system.