- Release Date: October 04, 2023
- Component Type: Third party extension. This extension is not a part of the TYPO3 default installation.
- Component: "femanager" (femanager)
- Composer Package Name: in2code/femanager
- Vulnerability Type: Broken Access Control
- Affected Versions: 7.0.0 - 7.2.1
- Severity: Medium
- Suggested CVSS: CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:L/I:L/A:N/E:F/RL:O/RC:C
- References: CVE-2023-45023, CWE-284
The extension fails to check access permissions for the invitation component. Depending on the configuration of the plugin, a remote user can create frontend user accounts with access to configured frontend groups.
Note, that the issue is only exploitable, if the invitation component of the extension is configured and used on the website.
An updated version 7.2.2 is available from the TYPO3 extension manager, packagist and at
Users of the extension are advised to update the extension as soon as possible.
Thanks to Steffen Keuper for reporting the vulnerability and to Stefan Busemann for providing an updated version of the extension.