- Release Date: December 13, 2022
- Component Type: Third party extension. This extension is not a part of the TYPO3 default installation.
- Component: "Master-Quiz" (fp_masterquiz)
- Composer Package Name: fixpunkt/fp-masterquiz
- Vulnerability Type: Information Disclosure and Broken Access Control
- Affected Versions: 2.2.0 and below, 3.0.0 - 3.5.1
- Severity: Medium
- Suggested CVSS: CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:L/I:L/A:N/E:F/RL:O/RC:C
- References: CVE-2022-47407, CWE-284, CWE-200
Insufficient access checks in the extension allow a remote user to continue the quiz of various users, if the quiz has not been finished yet. Thereby, it is also possible for a remote user to view and modify already saved answers of the affected quiz.
Updated versions 2.2.1 and 3.5.2 are available from the TYPO3 extension manager, packagist and at
Users of the extension are advised to update the extension as soon as possible.
Thanks to Kurt Gusbeth for reporting the vulnerabilities and for providing updated versions of the extension.