- Release Date: December 13, 2022
- Component Type: Third party extension. This extension is not a part of the TYPO3 default installation.
- Component: "Change password for frontend users" (fe_change_pwd)
- Composer Package Name: derhansen/fe_change_pwd
- Vulnerability Type: Insufficient Session Expiration
- Affected Versions: 2.0.4 and below, 3.0.0-3.0.2
- Severity: Medium
- Suggested CVSS: CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:L/I:L/A:N/E:F/RL:O/RC:C
- References: CVE-2022-47406, CWE-613
The extension fails to revoke existing sessions for the current user when the password has been changed.
Updated versions 2.0.5 and 3.0.3 are available from the TYPO3 extension manager, packagist and at
Users of the extension are advised to update the extension as soon as possible.
Thanks to TYPO3 security team member Torben Hansen who reported and fixed the issue.