- Release Date: August 10, 2021
- Component Type: Third party extension. This extension is not a part of the TYPO3 default installation.
- Component: "Dated News" (dated_news)
- Vulnerability Type: SQL Injection, Cross-Site Scripting, Information Disclosure and Broken Access Control
- Affected Versions: 5.1.1 and below
- Severity: Medium
- Suggested CVSS: CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:C/C:L/I:L/A:N/E:F/RL:U/RC:C
- References: CVE-2021-36789, CVE-2021-36790, CVE-2021-36791, CVE-2021-36792
The extension fails to properly encode user input for output in HTML context (CVE-2021-36790) and contains a blind SQL injection vulnerability (CVE-2021-36789). It is also possible to confirm various applications (CVE-2021-36792) and thereby obtain all application registration data (CVE-2021-36791).
All versions of this extension that are known to be vulnerable will no longer be available for download from the TYPO3 Extension Repository. The extension author failed in providing a security fix for the reported vulnerability in a decent amount of time.
Please uninstall and delete the extension folder from your installation and search on the TYPO3 Extension Repository for alternative extensions.
Thanks to Jo Hasenau for reporting the SQL injection vulnerability.
Follow the recommendations that are given in the TYPO3 Security Guide. Please subscribe to the typo3-announce mailing list.