- Release Date: May 12, 2020
- Component Type: Third party extension. This extension is not a part of the TYPO3 default installation.
- Component: Job Fair (ext:jobfair)
- Vulnerability Type: Sensitive Data Exposure
- Affected Versions: 1.0.12 and below
- Severity: Medium
- Suggested CVSS v3.1: AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:L/I:N/A:N/E:F/RL:U/RC:C
- References: none
The extension fails to protect or obfuscate filenames of uploaded files. This allows unauthenticated users to download files with sensitive data by simply guessing the filename of uploaded files (e.g uploads/tx_jobfair/cv.pdf).
All versions of this extension that are known to be vulnerable will no longer be available for download from the TYPO3 Extension Repository. The extension author failed in providing a security fix for the reported vulnerability in a decent amount of time.
Please uninstall and delete the extension folder from your installation and search on the TYPO3 Extension Repository for alternative extensions.
Thanks to Albrecht Köhnlein for discovering and reporting the vulnerability.
Follow the recommendations that are given in the TYPO3 Security Guide. Please subscribe to the typo3-announce mailing list.