- Release Date: January 22, 2019
- Component Type: Third party extension. This extension is not a part of the TYPO3 default installation.
- Vulnerability Type: Multiple vulnerabilities
- Affected Versions: 4.2.2 and below
- Severity: Medium
- Suggested CVSS v3.0: AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:L/I:L/A:N/E:F/RL:O/RC:C
- CVE: not assigned yet
It is possible to bypass configured server side validation rules which allows an attacker to create frontend user records with invalid data. Also, the eID script allows an attacker to set various validators using GET parameters resulting in information disclosure of field values from the fe_users table.
An updated version 4.2.3 is available from the TYPO3 extension manager and at https://typo3.org/extensions/repository/download/femanager/4.2.3/zip/.
Users of the extension are advised to update the extension as soon as possible.
Thanks to Marcus Bitzl, Johannes Baiter and Loek Hilgersom who discovered and reported the vulnerability.