- Component Type: TYPO3 CMS
- Subcomponent: HTML Sanitizer (based on typo3/html-sanitizer)
- Release Date: November 14, 2023
- Vulnerability Type: Cross-Site Scripting
- Affected Versions: 8.7.42-8.7.54, 9.5.29-9.5.43, 10.4.19-10.4.40, 11.3.2-11.5.32, 12.0.0-12.4.7
- Severity: Medium
- Suggested CVSS: CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:R/S:C/C:L/I:L/A:N/E:F/RL:O/RC:C
- References: CVE-2023-47125, CWE-79
DOM processing instructions are not handled correctly. This allows bypassing the cross-site scripting mechanism of typo3/html-sanitizer.
Update to TYPO3 versions 8.7.55 ELTS, 9.5.44 ELTS, 10.4.41 ELTS, 11.5.33, 12.4.8 that fix the problem described above.
Thanks to Yaniv Nizry and Niels Dossche who reported this issue, and to TYPO3 core & security team member Oliver Hader who fixed the issue.
All security related code changes are tagged so that you can easily look them up in our review system.