- Component Type: TYPO3 CMS
- Subcomponent: Fluid (ext:fluid)
- Release Date: September 13, 2022
- Vulnerability Type: Cross-Site Scripting
- Affected Versions: 10.3.0-10.4.31, 11.0.0-11.5.15
- Severity: Medium
- Suggested CVSS: CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:L/UI:R/S:C/C:L/I:L/A:N/E:F/RL:O/RC:C
- References: CVE-2022-36108, CWE-79
It has been discovered that the f:asset.css view helper is vulnerable to cross-site scripting when user input is passed as variables to the CSS.
Update to TYPO3 version 10.4.32 or 11.5.16 that fix the problem described above.
Thanks to TYPO3 contributor Frank Nägler who reported this issue and to TYPO3 core & security team member Oliver Hader who fixed the issue.
All security related code changes are tagged so that you can easily look them up in our review system.