- Component Type: TYPO3 CMS
- Subcomponent: Admin Tool (ext:install)
- Release Date: June 14, 2022
- Vulnerability Type: Broken Access Control
- Affected Versions: 9.0.0-9.5.34 ELTS, 10.0.0-10.4.28, 11.0.0-11.5.10
- Severity: Medium
- Suggested CVSS: CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:H/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:L/A:L/E:F/RL:O/RC:C
- References: CVE-2022-31050, CWE-613
Admin Tool sessions initiated via the TYPO3 backend user interface have not been revoked even if the corresponding user account was degraded to lower permissions or disabled completely. This way, sessions in the admin tool theoretically could have been prolonged without any limit.
Update to TYPO3 versions 9.5.35 ELTS, 10.4.29, 11.5.11 that fix the problem described above.
Thanks to Kien Hoang who reported this issue and to TYPO3 framework merger Ralf Zimmermann and TYPO3 security team member Oliver Hader who fixed the issue.
All security related code changes are tagged so that you can easily look them up in our review system.