- Component Type: TYPO3 CMS
- Subcomponent: Frontend Login Mailer (ext:felogin)
- Release Date: June 14, 2022
- Vulnerability Type: Cross-Site Scripting
- Affected Versions: 9.0.0-9.5.34 ELTS, 10.0.0-10.4.28, 11.0.0-11.5.10
- Severity: Medium
- Suggested CVSS: CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:R/S:C/C:L/I:L/A:N/E:F/RL:O/RC:C
- References: CVE-2022-31049, CWE-74, CWE-79
User submitted content was used without being properly encoded in HTML emails sent to users. The actually affected components were mail clients used to view those messages.
Update to TYPO3 versions 9.5.35 ELTS, 10.4.29, 11.5.11 that fix the problem described above.
Thanks to Christian Seifert who reported this issue and to TYPO3 framework merger Andreas Fernandez who fixed the issue.
All security related code changes are tagged so that you can easily look them up in our review system.