- Component Type: TYPO3 CMS
- Subcomponent: Export Module (ext:impexp)
- Release Date: June 14, 2022
- Vulnerability Type: Information Disclosure
- Affected Versions: 7.0.0-7.6.56 ELTS, 8.0.0-8.7.46 ELTS, 9.0.0-9.5.34 ELTS, 10.0.0-10.4.28, 11.0.0-11.5.10
- Severity: Medium
- Suggested CVSS: CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:L/I:N/A:N/E:F/RL:O/RC:C
- References: CVE-2022-31046, CWE-200
The export functionality fails to limit the result set to allowed columns of a particular database table. This allows authenticated users to export internal details of database tables to which they already have access.
Update to TYPO3 versions 7.6.57 ELTS, 8.7.47 ELTS, 9.5.35 ELTS, 10.4.29, 11.5.11 that fix the problem described above.
In order to address this issue, access to mentioned export functionality is completely denied for regular backend users.
Strong security defaults - Manual actions required
The following User TSconfig setting would enable the use of the export functionality for certain users:
options.impexp.enableExportForNonAdminUser = 1
Thanks to TYPO3 core merger Lina Wolf who reported this issue and to TYPO3 security team member Torben Hansen who fixed the issue.
All security related code changes are tagged so that you can easily look them up in our review system.