- Component Type: TYPO3 CMS
- Subcomponent: Query Generator & Query View (ext:lowlevel, ext:core)
- Release Date: July 20, 2021
- Vulnerability Type: Cross-Site Scripting
- Affected Versions: 8.0.0-8.7.40 ELTS, 9.0.0-9.5.27, 10.0.0-10.4.17, 11.0.0-11.3.0
- Severity: Medium
- Suggested CVSS: CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:H/UI:R/S:C/C:L/I:L/A:N/E:F/RL:O/RC:C
- References: CVE-2021-32668, CWE-79
Failing to properly encode error messages, the components QueryGenerator and QueryView are vulnerable to both reflected and persistent cross-site scripting. A valid backend user account having administrator privileges is needed to exploit this vulnerability.
Update to TYPO3 versions 8.7.41 ELTS, 9.5.28, 10.4.18, 11.3.1 that fix the problem described.
Thanks to Richie Lee who reported this issue and to TYPO3 security team member Oliver Hader who fixed the issue.
All security related code changes are tagged so that you can easily look them up in our review system.