- Component Type: TYPO3 CMS
- Subcomponent: Page Preview (ext:viewpage)
- Release Date: July 20, 2021
- Vulnerability Type: Cross-Site Scripting
- Affected Versions: 9.0.0-9.5.27, 10.0.0-10.4.17, 11.0.0-11.3.0
- Severity: Medium
- Suggested CVSS: CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:R/S:C/C:L/I:L/A:N/E:F/RL:O/RC
- References: CVE-2021-32667, CWE-79
Failing to properly encode Page TSconfig settings, the corresponding page preview module (Web>View) is vulnerable to persistent cross-site scripting. A valid backend user account is needed to exploit this vulnerability.
Update to TYPO3 versions 9.5.28, 10.4.18, 11.3.1 that fix the problem described.
Thanks to TYPO3 core merger Oliver Bartsch who reported and fixed the issue.
Follow the recommendations that are given in the TYPO3 Security Guide. Please subscribe to the typo3-announce mailing list.
All security related code changes are tagged so that you can easily look them up in our review system.