- Component Type: TYPO3 CMS
- Vulnerable subcomponent: 3rd party component symfony/cache
- Release Date: June 25, 2019
- Vulnerability Type: Known Vulnerability, Modification of Dynamically-Determined Object Attributes (CWE-915)
- Affected Versions: 9.4.0-9.5.7
- Severity: Medium
- Suggested CVSS v3.0: AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:L/A:H/E:F/RL:O/RC:C
- CVE: CVE-2019-10912
Third party component symfony/cache could have been potentially leading to removal of arbitrary files in combination with other insecure deserialization vulnerabilities.
Find more details in Symfony’s security advisory at https://symfony.com/blog/cve-2019-10912-prevent-destructors-with-side-effects-from-being-unserialized
Update to TYPO3 version 9.5.8 that fix the problem described.
Thanks to TYPO3 security team member Oliver Hader who reported this issue and to TYPO3 core team member Frank Nägler who fixed the issue.
Follow the recommendations that are given in the TYPO3 Security Guide. Please subscribe to the typo3-announce mailing list.
All security related code changes are tagged so that you can easily look them up in our review system.