- Component Type: TYPO3 CMS
- Vulnerable subcomponent: Link Handling (ext:core)
- Release Date: June 25, 2019
- Vulnerability Type: Cross-Site Scripting
- Affected Versions: 8.3.0-8.7.26 and 9.0.0-9.5.7
- Severity: Medium
- Suggested CVSS v3.0: AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:C/C:L/I:L/A:N/E:F/RL:O/RC:C
- CVE: CVE-2019-12748
Not only regular backend forms are affected but also frontend extensions which use the rendering with typolink.
Update to TYPO3 versions 8.7.27 or 9.5.8 that fix the problem described.
Thanks to Robin Peraglie (RIPS technologies) who reported this issue and to TYPO3 core team members Oliver Hader, Andreas Fernandez and Frank Nägler who fixed the issue.
All security related code changes are tagged so that you can easily look them up in our review system.