- Component Type: TYPO3 CMS
- Vulnerable subcomponent: Backend User Interface (ext:backend)
- Release Date: June 25, 2019
- Vulnerability Type: Information Disclosure
- Affected Versions: 8.0.0-8.7.26 and 9.0.0-9.5.7
- Severity: Medium
- Suggested CVSS v3.0: AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:L/I:N/A:N
- CVE: not assigned yet
The element information component used to display properties of a certain record is susceptible to information disclosure. The list of references from or to the record is not properly checked for the backend user’s permissions. A valid backend user account is needed in order to exploit this vulnerability.
Update to TYPO3 versions 8.7.27 or 9.5.8 that fix the problem described.
Thanks to Florian Weiss who reported this issue and to TYPO3 core team member Andreas Fernandez who fixed the issue.
Follow the recommendations that are given in the TYPO3 Security Guide. Please subscribe to the typo3-announce mailing list.
All security related code changes are tagged so that you can easily look them up in our review system.