- Component Type: TYPO3 CMS
- Vulnerable subcomponent: 3rd party library Bootstrap CSS toolkit
- Release Date: January 22, 2019
- Vulnerability Type: Cross-Site Scripting
- Affected Versions: 8.0.0-8.7.22 and 9.0.0-9.5.3
- Severity: Medium
- Suggested CVSS v3.0: AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:R/S:C/C:L/I:L/A:N/E:F/RL:O/RC:C
- CVE: CVE-2018-14041
It has been discovered that the third party library Bootstrap CSS toolkit is vulnerable to cross-site scripting. Details are mentioned in a dedicated vulnerability report at https://snyk.io/vuln/npm:bootstrap:20160627.
An official fix has been released with Bootstrap version 3.4.0, see https://blog.getbootstrap.com/2018/12/13/bootstrap-3-4-0/ for details.
Update to TYPO3 versions 8.7.23 or 9.5.4 that fix the problem described.
Thanks to Michiel Roos who reported this issue and to TYPO3 core team member Benni Mack who fixed the issue.
All security related code changes are tagged so that you can easily look them up in our review system.