Help TYPO3 certification take the next step
June 26, 2012
Category: Education & Certification
Author: Dominic Brander
The TYPO3 Certification Team is taking exams for at least 4 years now and is ready to take a next step, introducing the 'Certified TYPO3 Developer'. The team needs you to make it come true.
It has been a while since we started our expedition to bring a certification program to the TYPO3 community. During a very rainy day in August 2006, somewhere in the south of Bavaria/Germany a bunch of people started the initial kick off for the TYPO3 certification program. After almost two years of work we delivered our first official exam in Munich/Germany to the community. In four years over 1.000 persons all over the planet became „Certified TYPO3 Integrators“.
Today it is time to take the next step. We want to start an additional certification program: The 'Certified TYPO3 Developer'. We need you to start this new work package and to keep this process running smoothly. Today our team consists of 8 people investing their spare time to keep the current certification rolling and with our new program rolling out we definitely need support to make that come true.
TYPO3 certificates on the wall. Courtesy of HDNet
Want to be part of it?
If you are looking for an opportunity to give the TYPO3 community something back, then this might be the perfect place. We are looking for people who can invest time weekly on a steady base. So we are not looking for sprinters, but for long term contributors. We are not looking for technicians only, but also for communicators, planners and organizers.
Are you interested?
As you can imagine, there is plenty of work to do. To make this work a bit less abstract we'd like to introduce some concrete work packages we are mainly dealing with:
Package 1: Schedule and manage exams
- organising room / scheduling dates
- appointing/instructing proctors
- reminder mails
- producing exam documents (except from exam itself)
- manage attendee questions in our part of the TYPO3 helpdesk(OTRS)
- Time to invest per week: 2-3h (this work can easily distributed between different team members)
Package 2: Take care of the overall quality in the question collection and delivery process:
- create and collect new questions for existing and the new certification
- take care of language and technical reviews
- A certification is only as good as its questions are!
- Time to invest per week: 4-6h (this work can easily distributed between different team members)
Package 3: Communication and administration:
- organize the team meetings
- take care of the agenda
- write protocols of the meeting
- write news for the community
- write the annual report for the TYPO3 Association
- Time to invest per week: 1-2h
Does this sound interesting to you?
If you already know you want to help us, or if you have any question, please get in touch with Dominic Brander, dominic(at)typo3.org. I am looking forward to meeting you!
Want to get to know more about your future team mates? Please have a closer look at http://certification.typo3.org/index.php?id=3