- Release Date: July 07, 2020
- Component Type: Third party extension. This extension is not a part of the TYPO3 default installation.
- Component: Turn! (turn)
- Vulnerability Type: Remote Code Execution
- Affected Versions: 0.3.2 and below
- Severity: High
- Suggested CVSS v3.1: AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H/E:F/RL:O/RC:C
- References: CVE-2020-15515
The extensions fails to sanitize user input resulting in Remote Code Execution. The issue is only exploitable, when the attacker has FTP/SFTP access to the TYPO3 website.
An updated version 0.3.3 is available from the TYPO3 extension manager, Packagist and at
Users of the extension are advised to update the extension as soon as possible.
Thanks to Jan Bartels for discovering and reporting the vulnerability and to Marc Willmann for providing an updated version of the extension.
Follow the recommendations that are given in the TYPO3 Security Guide. Please subscribe to the typo3-announce mailing list.