- Release Date: May 12, 2020
- Component Type: Third party extension. This extension is not a part of the TYPO3 default installation.
- Component: gForum (ext:g_forum)
- Vulnerability Type: Broken Access Control
- Affected Versions: 0.0.29 and below
- Severity: High
- Suggested CVSS v3.1: AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:N/E:F/RL:U/RC:C
- References: None
The extension fails to check access rights of authenticated frontend users allowing to create, edit and delete various records of the extension without proper permission.
All versions of this extension that are known to be vulnerable will no longer be available for download from the TYPO3 Extension Repository, since the extension is abandoned and has no extension maintainer anymore.
Please uninstall and delete the extension folder from your installation and search on the TYPO3 Extension Repository for alternative extensions.
Thanks to TYPO3 security team member Torben Hansen for discovering and reporting the vulnerability.