- Release Date: October 15, 2019
- Component Type: Third party extension. This extension is not a part of the TYPO3 default installation.
- Vulnerability Type: Remote Code Execution
- Affected Versions: 2.4.5 and below, 2.5.2 and below
- Severity: Critical
- Suggested CVSS v3.0: AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:C/C:H/I:H/A:H/E:F/RL:O/RC:X
- CVE: CVE-2019-16699
The extension fails to sanitize user input which allows to execute arbitrary Extbase actions resulting in Remote Code Execution.
Updated versions 2.4.6 and 2.5.3 are available from the TYPO3 extension manager and at
Users of the extension are advised to update the extension as soon as possible.
Note: If you use composer and the fixed version of the extension is not available on packagist, you can install the package from the TYPO3 Extension Composer Repository (e.g. composer require typo3-ter/sr-freecap)
Credits go to Kai Ullrich, Code White GmbH who discovered and reported the vulnerability.