Friday night right after dinner we completed a 3h-15km-up-and-downhill-night-hike through the National Park with a forest guide sponsored by Alinbu
which literarily got us going and prepared us for the last stage:
Now it was time to sort our visions, take in and respect the criticism and come up with realistic plans and solutions. We identified the short term goals that can be started in 2014 and 2015. Of course one single morning session is not enough to get into the fine details so we made a rough plan and now it’s time for the realization. For that we are going to come up with task forces for the sub projects and we are looking for contributors who would like to get involved in creating and building a great TYPO3 campus:
Starting a mentorship programme
- We have a plan for this and it needs a mentorship programme coordinator. Someone who is not actually a mentor but coordinates newcomers and mentors, collects feedback and is the first point of contact.
- We came up with some great plans how gamification can be involved throughout the whole concept and vision of the TYPO3 Campus. And we already found convenient ways to integrate gamification right from the start. If you love to deal with gamification, maybe the gamification task force is the place to be?
Curriculum and Certification
- The currently existing certification programme will be extended in near future. Following on from the certification for integrators a developer certification is now being developed. We also have some nice ideas about further professional qualifications too. If certification is something that might be of interest for you, what about joining our curriculum task force or the TYPO3 Certification Team?
Infrastructure & Technology
- TYPO3 is a great CMS but it is not an e-learning platform. We are now about to evaluate e-learning platforms and see if they match our requirements. Furthermore we do want to provide training-VMs and online TYPO3-training-environments. If you are the server tech guy and love to dig into systems then our infrastructure task force is waiting for you and you will work in coordination with the TYPO3 Server Team.
- We do not plan to have only an online experience. If you are into event planning and event organization, feel very welcome to join the event task force and work in coordination with the TYPO3 Event Committee.
- The TYPO3 Campus will also come with a trainer marketplace, however the concept has not yet been drawn up and right after that it’ll need implementing too! If you are interested why not join the marketplace task force and help create something awesome?