- Release Date: June 13, 2023
- Component Type: Third party extension. This extension is not a part of the TYPO3 default installation.
- Component: "Canto Extension" (canto_extension)
- Composer Package Name: N/A
- Vulnerability Type: Server Side Request Forgery and Remote Code Execution
- Affected Versions: 1.3.7 and below
- Severity: High
- Suggested CVSS: AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:H/A:H/E:F/RL:O/RC:C
- References: N/A, CWE-73, CWE-918
The extension is susceptible to Server Side Request Forgery resulting in exposure of all files the webserver has access to. The download component of the extension is also susceptible to Server Side Request Forgery, which can be used by an authenticated backend user to download arbitrary files to the webserver resulting in Remote Code Execution.
All versions of this extension that are known to be vulnerable will no longer be available for download from the TYPO3 Extension Repository. The extension author failed in providing a security fix for the reported vulnerability in a decent amount of time.
Please uninstall and delete the extension folder from your installation and search on the TYPO3 Extension Repository for alternative extensions.
Thanks to David Miller for reporting the vulnerability.