- Release Date: January 31, 2023
- Component Type: Third party extension. This extension is not a part of the TYPO3 default installation.
- Component: "femanager" (femanager)
- Composer Package Name: in2code/femanager
- Vulnerability Type: Broken Access Control
- Affected Versions: 5.5.2 and below, 6.0.0 - 6.3.3, 7.0.0 - 7.0.1
- Severity: High
- Suggested CVSS: CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:L/I:H/A:L/E:F/RL:O/RC:C
- References: CVE-2023-25013, CVE-2023-25014, CWE-284
A missing access check in the InvitationController allows an unauthenticated user with a valid invitation link to set the password of all frontend users. Another missing access check in the InvitationController allows an unauthenticated user to delete all frontend users.
Note, that the issue is only exploitable, if the invitation component of the extension is configured and used on the website.
Updated versions 5.5.3, 6.3.4 and 7.1.0 are available from the TYPO3 extension manager, packagist and at
Users of the extension are advised to update the extension as soon as possible.
Thanks to Stefan Busemann for providing updated versions of the extension.