- Release Date: June 14, 2022
- Component Type: Third party extension. This extension is not a part of the TYPO3 default installation.
- Component: "AMEOS - TarteAuCitron (GDPR cookie banner and tracking management / French RGPD compatible)" (ameos_tarteaucitron)
- Vulnerability Type: Cross-Site Scripting
- Affected Versions: 1.2.22 and below
- Severity: Medium
- Suggested CVSS: CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:C/C:L/I:L/A:N/E:F/RL:O/RC:C
- References: CVE-2022-33155
The extension fails to properly encode user input for output in HTML context. A TYPO3 backend user account is required to exploit the vulnerability.
An updated version 1.2.23 is available from the TYPO3 extension manager, packagist and at
Users of the extension are advised to update the extension as soon as possible.
Thanks to TYPO3 Security Team member Torben Hansen for reporting the vulnerability and to Luc Muller for providing an updated version of the extension.