- Release Date: June 14, 2022
- Component Type: Third party extension. This extension is not a part of the TYPO3 default installation.
- Component: "Embedding schema.org vocabulary" (schema)
- Vulnerability Type: Cross-Site Scripting
- Affected Versions: 1.13.0 and below, 2.0.0 - 2.5.0
- Severity: Medium
- Suggested CVSS: CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:C/C:L/I:L/A:N/E:F/RL:O/RC:C
- References: CVE-2022-33154
The extension fails to properly encode user input for output in HTML context. A TYPO3 backend user account is required to exploit the vulnerability.
Updated versions 1.13.1 and 2.5.1 are available from the TYPO3 extension manager, packagist and at
Users of the extension are advised to update the extension as soon as possible.
Thanks to Chris Müller for reporting the vulnerability and for providing updated versions of the extension.