- Release Date: April 26, 2022
- Component Type: Third party extension. This extension is not a part of the TYPO3 default installation.
- Component: "Grid Elements" (gridelements)
- Vulnerability Type: Cross-Site Scripting
- Affected Versions: 7.6.1 and below, 8.0.0 - 8.7.0, 9.0.0 - 9.7.0 and 10.0.0 - 10.2.0
- Severity: Medium
- Suggested CVSS: CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:C/C:L/I:L/A:N/E:F/RL:O/RC:C
- References: CVE-2022-29602
The extension fails to properly encode user input for output in HTML context. A TYPO3 backend user account is required to exploit the vulnerability.
Updated versions 7.7.0, 8.8.0, 9.8.0 and 10.3.0 are available from the TYPO3 extension manager, packagist and at
Users of the extension are advised to update the extension as soon as possible.
Thanks to TYPO3 Security Team member Oliver Hader for reporting the vulnerability and to Jo Hasenau for providing updated versions of the extension.