- Release Date: February 15, 2022
- Component Type: Third party extension. This extension is not a part of the TYPO3 default installation.
- Component: “Hardcoded text to Locallang" (mqk_locallangtools)
- Vulnerability Type: File Content Injection
- Affected Versions: 1.0.4 and below
- Severity: Medium
- Suggested CVSS: CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:L/A:L/E:P/RL:O/RC:C
- References: N/A
The extension fails to verify the filename of saved language files which results in File Content Injection. An authenticated user with editor permissions can use the vulnerability to inject predefined content into any file the webserver has access to resulting in affected files being corrupted.
An updated version 1.0.9 is available from the TYPO3 extension manager, Packagist and at
Users of the extension are advised to update the extension as soon as possible.
Thanks to Security Team Member Oliver Hader for reporting the issue and to Mohsin Khan for providing an updated version of the extension.