- Release Date: February 15, 2022
- Component Type: Third party extension. This extension is not a part of the TYPO3 default installation.
- Component: "Varnishcache" (varnishcache)
- Vulnerability Type: Insecure direct object reference
- Affected Versions: 2.0.0 and below
- Severity: Medium
- Suggested CVSS: CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:L/I:N/A:N/E:P/RL:O/RC:C
- References: CVE-2022-24979
The Edge Site Includes (ESI) content element renderer component of the extension does not include an access check. This allows an unauthenticated user to render various content elements, resulting in insecure direct object reference (IDOR) with the potential of exposing internal content elements.
An updated version 2.0.1 is available from the TYPO3 extension manager, Packagist and at
Users of the extension are advised to update the extension as soon as possible.
Thanks to Security Team Member Torben Hansen for reporting the issue and to Mittwald CM Service for providing an updated version of the extension.