- Release Date: November 10, 2021
- Component Type: Third party extension. This extension is not a part of the TYPO3 default installation.
- Component: "Google for Jobs" (google_for_jobs)
- Vulnerability Type: Cross-Site Scripting
- Affected Versions: 1.5.0 and below, 2.0.0 - 2.1.0
- Severity: Medium
- Suggested CVSS: CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:C/C:L/I:L/A:N/E:F/RL:O/RC:C
- References: CVE-2021-43561
The extension fails to properly encode user input for output in HTML context. A TYPO3 backend user account is required to exploit the vulnerability.
Note: Users of the extension, who have overwritten the default Fluid Partial Job/Properties.html, must manually remove all occurrences of f:format.raw in the affected partial.
Updated versions 1.5.1 and 2.1.1 are available from the TYPO3 extension manager, Packagist and at
Users of the extension are advised to update the extension as soon as possible.
Thanks to Security Team Member Georg Ringer for reporting the issue and to Michael Kunst for providing an updated version of the extension.