- Release Date: August 10, 2021
- Component Type: Third party extension. This extension is not a part of the TYPO3 default installation.
- Component: "Miniorange Saml" (miniorange_saml)
- Vulnerability Type: Cross-Site Scripting, Sensitive Data Exposure, Vulnerable 3rd Party component
- Affected Versions: 1.4.2 and below
- Severity: High
- Suggested CVSS: CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:C/C:H/I:L/A:N/E:F/RL:O/RC:C
- References: CVE-2021-36785, CVE-2021-36786
The extension fails to properly encode user input for output in HTML context (CVE-2021-36785). Also the extension contains sensitive data (API credentials and private key) which should not have been published (CVE-2021-36786). Finally the extension bundles several 3rd Party Components (jQuery and robrichards/xmlseclibs) with known security vulnerabilities.
An updated version 1.4.3 is available from the TYPO3 extension manager, Packagist and at
Users of the extension are advised to update the extension as soon as possible.
Thanks to Christoph Schwarzenberg for reporting the issue and to miniOrange Security Software Pvt. Ltd. for providing an updated version of the extension.
Follow the recommendations that are given in the TYPO3 Security Guide. Please subscribe to the typo3-announce mailing list.