- Release Date: August 10, 2021
- Component Type: Third party extension. This extension is not a part of the TYPO3 default installation.
- Component: "femanager" (femanager)
- Vulnerability Type: Cross-Site Scripting
- Affected Versions: 6.0.0 - 6.3.0 and 5.5.0 and below
- Severity: Medium
- Suggested CVSS: CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:C/C:L/I:L/A:N/E:F/RL:O/RC:C
- References: CVE-2021-36787
The extension allows by default to upload SVG files when a logged in frontend user uploads a new profile image. This may lead to Cross-Site Scripting, when the uploaded SVG image is used as is on the website.
Note: If SVG uploads are required, it is recommended to use the TYPO3 extension svg_sanitizer (added to TYPO3 core since versions 9.5.28, 10.4.18 and 11.3.0) to prevent upload of malicious SVG files or to set up a strict Content Security Policy for the destination folder of uploaded images.
Updated versions 6.3.1 and 5.5.1 are available from the TYPO3 extension manager, Packagist and at
Users of the extension are advised to update the extension as soon as possible.
Thanks to Security Team member Oliver Hader and Lukas Eder from Atos Information Technology GmbH for reporting the issue and to in2code GmbH for providing an updated version of the extension.