- Release Date: April 27, 2021
- Component Type: Third party extension. This extension is not a part of the TYPO3 default installation.
- Component: "Dynamic Content Element" (dce)
- Vulnerability Type: SQL Injection
- Affected Versions: 2.7.0, 2.2.0 - 2.6.1
- Severity: Medium
- Suggested CVSS: CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:U/C:H/I:N/A:N/E:F/RL:O/RC:C
- References: CVE-2021-31777
The extension fails to properly sanitize user input and is susceptible to SQL Injection. A TYPO3 backend user account is required to exploit the vulnerability.
Updated versions 2.6.2 and 2.7.1 are available from the TYPO3 extension manager, Packagist and at
Users of the extension are advised to update the extension as soon as possible.
Thanks to Excellium Services for reporting the issue and to Armin Vieweg for providing an updated version of the extension.