- Release Date: April 27, 2021
- Component Type: Third party extension. This extension is not a part of the TYPO3 default installation.
- Component: "2 Clicks for External Media" (media2click)
- Vulnerability Type: Cross-Site Scripting
- Affected Versions: 1.0.0 - 1.3.2
- Severity: Medium
- Suggested CVSS: CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:N/S:C/C:L/I:N/A:N/E:F/RL:O/RC:C
- References: CVE-2021-31778
The extension fails to properly encode user input for output in HTML context. A TYPO3 backend user account is required to exploit the vulnerability.
An updated version 1.3.3 is available from the TYPO3 extension manager, Packagist and at
Users of the extension are advised to update the extension as soon as possible.
Thanks to Andrey Basarygin, Andrey Guzei, Mikhail Khramenkov, Alexander Sidukov and Maxim Teplykh from Solar Security for reporting the issue and to Gregor Hermens for providing an updated version of the extension.
Follow the recommendations that are given in the TYPO3 Security Guide. Please subscribe to the typo3-announce mailing list.