- Release Date: Mar 16, 2021
- Component Type: Third party extension. This extension is not a part of the TYPO3 default installation.
- Component: "Aimeos shop and e-commerce framework" (aimeos)
- Vulnerability Type: Cross-Site Scripting
- Affected Versions: 20.10.4 and below, 19.10.11 and below
- Severity: Medium
- Suggested CVSS: CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:L/PR:L/UI:R/S:C/C:L/I:L/A:N/E:F/RL:O/RC:C
- References: CVE-2021-28380
The extension fails to properly encode user input for output in HTML context. A valid backend user account with access to the Aimeos module is needed to exploit this vulnerability.
Updated versions 20.10.5 and 19.10.12 are available from the TYPO3 extension manager, Packagist and at
Users of the extension are advised to update the extension as soon as possible.
Thanks to Aimeos for providing an updated version of the extension.