- Release Date: March 16, 2021
- Component Type: Third party extension. This extension is not a part of the TYPO3 default installation.
- Component: "VHS: Fluid ViewHelpers" (vhs)
- Vulnerability Type: SQL Injection
- Affected Versions: 5.1.0 and below
- Severity: Medium
- Suggested CVSS: CVSS:3.1/AV:N/AC:H/PR:N/UI:N/S:C/C:L/I:L/A:N/E:F/RL:O/RC:C
- References: CVE-2021-28381
It has been discovered that the extension is susceptible to blind SQL Injection when user input is passed to the isLanguageViewHelper.
An updated version 5.1.1 is available from the TYPO3 extension manager, Packagist and at
Users of the extension are advised to update the extension as soon as possible.
Please note, that version 5.x is no longer maintained by the extension author. If possible, please update to at least version 6.x.
Thanks to TYPO3 Security Team Member Oliver Hader for reporting the issue.
Follow the recommendations that are given in the TYPO3 Security Guide. Please subscribe to the typo3-announce mailing list.