- Release Date: November 17, 2020
- Component Type: Third party extension. This extension is not a part of the TYPO3 default installation.
- Component: Authenticator (defbu_authenticator)
- Vulnerability Type: Denial of Service
- Affected Versions: 1.0.2 and below
- Severity: High
- Suggested CVSS v3.1: AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:N/S:U/C:N/I:N/A:H/E:F/RL:O/RC:C
- References: N/A
The extension bundles demo files of a 3rd party QR Code generator allowing a remote user to create QR Codes saved as PNG files on the webserver. This can result in Denial of Service, since the webspace can be filled up with a large amount of PNG files.
An updated version 1.0.3 is available from the TYPO3 extension manager and at
Users of the extension are advised to update the extension as soon as possible.
Thanks to TYPO3 security team member Georg Ringer for reporting the issue and to Frank Buijze for providing an updated version of the extension.