- Release Date: November 17, 2020
- Component Type: Third party extension. This extension is not a part of the TYPO3 default installation.
- Component: phpMyAdmin (phpmyadmin)
- Vulnerability Type: SQL Injection, Cross-Site Scripting
- Affected Versions: 5.6.3 and below
- Severity: Medium
- Suggested CVSS v3.1: AV:N/AC:L/PR:N/UI:R/S:C/C:L/I:L/A:N
- References: CVE-2020-26934, CVE-2020-26935
Multiple vulnerabilities have been found in the phpMyAdmin component.
- PMASA-2020-5 - XSS relating to the transformation feature
- PMASA-2020-6 - SQL injection vulnerability in SearchController
An updated version 5.6.4 is available from the TYPO3 extension manager, Packagist and at
Users of the extension are advised to update the extension as soon as possible.
Note: In general the TYPO3 Security Team recommends to not use any extension that bundles database or file management tools on production TYPO3 websites.
Thanks to Andreas Beutel for providing a TYPO3 extension package with an updated phpMyAdmin version.